Established for over 40 years in the area, the.Church is a part of the Apostolic Church of Australia. the.Church (as we are now known) is a family-centred church comprising of people from the local community making a difference in the lives of the people who live in the local community and beyond.
Formerly based in Wantirna from 1983 to 2007, our purpose is to impact the community through the Gospel of Jesus as the saviour of mankind. We aim to help the community by promoting positive values, building healthy happy families and relationships, helping people reach out to one another and inspiring future leaders and influencers to step forward and be the change they want to see in the world.
Now located in Scoresby, we are committed to impacting the lives of the people and transforming communities.
We Believe …
1. The one true and living God who eternally exists in three persons in unity : Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. The Divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scripture.
3. The original perfection of creation; the inherent corruptness of humanity through the Fall; the necessity of repentance and regeneration by grace and through faith in Christ alone, and the eternal separation from God of the finally unrepentant.
4. The virgin Birth, sinless life atoning death, triumphant Resurrection, ascension and continuing intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ, His Second Coming, and eternal Kingdom reign.
5. The justification and sanctification of believers through the finished work of Christ, their security as they remain in Him, and their future resurrection in an incorruptible body.
6. The Sacrament of Baptism by immersion, and of the Lord’s Supper.
7. The baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers with supernatural signs, empowering the Church for its mission in the world.
8. The gifts of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Church and ministry to the world.
9. Christ’s leadership of the Church through the ascension ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, for the unity, maturity and growth of the Church.
10. The privilege and responsibility of wise stewardship of all that God has given, including the practice of tithing to the local church.